Dental Care for The Whole Family
Our goal is to maintain a caring environment that is respectful of all people
Root canal treatment (RCT), is a dental procedure in which diseased or damaged pulp of a tooth is removed, cleaned, sealed, and filled.
Common causes affecting the pulp:
Trauma by hit / accident / fall
How the RCT is performed in PMC:
We Promise PAIN-LESS RCT
We follow a basic protocol as follows
1. X-rays (IOPA):
To check the extent of the caries
To plan (any anatomical variation, curvature, etc)
To educate the patient about the treatment
- Proper disposables and Advanced Equipments used
3. Anesthesia–after doing a test dose, Administration of local anesthesia to make the tooth to sleep
Purpose of the test dose?
A test dose is administered before the treatment starts to prevent any allergy to local anesthesia.
- Bio Mechanical Preparation (Cleaning & Shaping)
- Access the Root Canal (OPEN)
- Find the chamber (FIND)
- Working length (EXPLORE)
- Cleaning (FIX IT)
- Obturation: Seal the canal with Sealant and Gutta Percha Points
- Entrance filling: A good permanent tooth color filling is mandatory.
The above procedures are done under sterile armamentarium.
We Check IOPA after every step.
It is advisable to place a crown ( cap) following the RCT
Call: +91 9244557409
Vetturnimadam Junction, Nagercoil
Monday-Saturday – 9 am – 9 pm Sunday – 10 am – 2 pm