Good Oral Hygiene means …
- Good teeth
- Good gums
- Fresh breath
- Confident smile
- Successful life
- Poor Oral health can lead to systemic problems like heart disease, diabetes, preterm labor, etc
- Good chewing makes our body healthy, mind fresh and energetic
When you take care of your teeth it will take care of your health.
Good oral health gives following benefits
- Prevent bad breath
- Prevent tooth decay
- Prevent gum diseases
- Helps in digestion
- General well being with perfect health
How oral health related to overall health?
- Saliva – is God’s gift to our health
- Saliva plays a dominant role in lot of investigations
- Oral health gives a good picture about your systemic diseases like diabetes,HIV,etc
KNOW THE IMPORTANCE ABOUT SALIVA
Saliva contains 98% water
- Antibacterial compounds
Saliva helps in digestion by moistening the food and creating a bolus so swallowing is made easy. Amylase is an enzyme that breaks starches down into maltose and dextrin. So, digestion starts in mouth even before the food reaches the stomach. So respect saliva and live healthy.