1) Will my insurance cover my appointment/treatment?
YES, IF YOUR PLAN COVERS
2) Why is it important to keep scheduled dental appointments?
TO MAINTAIN PROPER ORAL HYGIENE AND HEALTH
3) What does it mean when my gums bleed when I brush and floss?
IT CAN BE OF DIFFERENT REASONS.
IT CAN BE DUE TO YOUR SYSTEMIC PROBLEMS OR POOR ORAL CARE
4) There are so many different toothbrushes on the market today. How do I know which one is the right one for me?
SOFT TOOTH IS BETTER WHEN USED PROPERLY
5) What is Decay?
CARIES IN TOOTH OR ROOT
6) At what age should I start bringing my child to the dentist?
ALWAYS IT BETTER TO HAVE A DENTAL CHECK UP EVERY YEAR
7) Is whitening safe for my teeth?
8) Can whitening too much damage your teeth over time?
9) What’s the difference with whitening products in stores vs in office whitening offered by Dentists?
In stores are used by the patients in their home
In office is done by the dentist in clinic
10) When should my child first use toothpaste and how much should I really use?
When all the teeth erupts and the child have the control over the brushing technique. Always its advisable to do the brushing under parents supervision.
11) How much toothpaste should an adult use?
It should be of a peanut size
12) How can I tell if I have gingivitis or periodontitis (gum disease)?
If you have the following problems:
- Bleeding gums
- Stains in teeth
- Calculus in teeth
- Swollen gums
- Gum pain
13) How safe are x-rays?
Under proper protocol taking xrays are safe
14) What is CBCT?
It give the 3D picture of your face and tooth
15) Is dental problem hereditary?
It may be hereditary
We can prevent caries by maintain proper care
Always check for the impacted wisdom and other tooth
16) When to put braces?
When the eruption of the teeth is cimpleted
17) What is Implant?
It’s a titanium biocompatible tooth and root replacement
18) Is implant painful?
Pain can be reduced when digitally planned
19) How to avoid caries?
Proper brushing technique and twice daily
20) How to avoid bad smell?
Proper oral care and take care of the general health
21) How to maintain oral hygiene?
Follow the oral prophylaxis like brushing, flossing, dental check up every 6 months.
22) What is the advantage of LASER?
- Eliminates the need of anesthesia and sutures, leaves healthy gum tissue & tooth structure.
- Lesser bleeding and Postoperative swelling.
- Accurate & Precise.
- No heat /vibration/pressure.
- Faster Healing
23) How to avoid tooth removal?
By maintaining your oral health and check with your dentist every 6 months
24) How to prevent tooth damage made by dentist?
Have a good knowledge about your dental problem and the quality of the material and the product used.
25) What if I select local implants?
26) What is oral cancer?
Ulcer in the mouth which can lead to malignancy.
27) Why my teeth is very much visible?
Due to many reasons
- Long and big teeth
- Excess of bone
- Lip short
28) Will my implants have international warranty?
According to the company selected.
29) How many times I should brush?
30) Will oral health affects during pregnancy?
Yes. Always better to maintain the oral health with proper brushing
31) What if my child do thumb / lip sucking?
After 3 years of age better to get dentist opinion for the habit breaking treatment
32) What is generalized bone lose and how to manage?
Due to poor bite and care the teeth get affected and there is bone loss. It can be managed by proper investigations.
33) What is bone grafts?
The artificial or natural bone material in the place of bone less region.
34) What country implant to select?
Its patient’s choice
It’s the dentist plays a vital role as the selection of the type and size of implants and additional procedures are also important.
The crown part is the next important thing to be considered.
35) Is there different qualities of implant crowns?
Yes. Qualities varies with the lab and dentist.
36) Is there different types of implant crowns?
Yes. Screw retained implant crown and cement retained implant crowns.
37) What is stainless steel and titanium screws?
This screws are used to fix the abutment with the implant.
Always check for the type of screws.
Titanium is best.
38) Will smoking affect my implant?
Yes. Implant failure is possible. Guarantee will be void.
39) Will implant affect the quality
37) What if I smoke or chew pan or have alcohol? Will it affect my teeth?
Yes. Both teeth and gums will be affected.
39) What is the problem if I use removable dentures?
It can affect the gums, teeth and speech.
Chocking is possible with removable dentures.
40) What if I go for local dental products?
Quality of the company is very important.
41) What is bur? Why it should be changed for every patients?
It’s used to cut the tooth.
It should be changed to avoid cross contamination.
42) Why RO water in all operatory chairs?
PMC is very particular about patients general well being
43) How to check for Sterilization?
Sealed pouches and color marking
44) Why I need a filling?
To avoid further damage of the tooth
45) What is restoration?
46) Why I should fix a teeth? I am without teeth for years?
To avoid unwanted head ache, TMJ pain, digestion problem, other health issues.
47) What is TMJ?
48) Why dental lab is important?
To give the fine quality and to avoid future problems.
49) Why removable denture is not the solution?
It can be a life treat at some times.
50) How I can achieve a perfect smile?
By properly maintain the teeth and bite.
51) How I can appreciate a perfect dental work?
When proper protocol followed.
52) What is ALL ON 4 ?
With four implants teeth replacement done
53) What is zygoma implants?
When less bone present and the regular implants can’t be used then long implants are used.
54) What is Nobel Biocare implants?
It’s Swiss implants
55) What is Biooss?
It’s artificial bone in the place of natural bone
56) What is crecon Membrane?
It’s a guide over the bone graft.
57) What is PRP / PRF ?
Platelet Rich Plasma / Platelet Rich Fibrin
58) How teeth can be placed in a day?
By implant and temporary crown
59) What is Scaling and Polishing?
Cleaning the teeth and polishing it.
60) Will scaling and polishing affect our teeth?
No. when properly done.
61) When we have to check our blood and general health?
In case of any blood related procedures it’s always better to do a blood investigation.